I Am Not a Robot

11:17 PM

I updated the header of this little online journal of mine to reflect the fact that I've always been 90 years old at heart and I love it. I've been so unbelievably busy lately but I have been trying to make time for the things that I love.


I'm attending a film program writer's retreat this week at Sundance and I'm bringing a film camera, some brand new notebooks filled [empty] with potential, some books I've been wanting to read [The Hiding Place, Bird by Bird] and not much else. I'm going to bring my phone but it'll stay off the whole day—I'm planning on checking it once a day to make sure no one is trying to contact me about something urgent, but I'm excited to just unplug and leave my to-do list at home.

I think that over the past few months I've overextended myself completely. I've committed to a lot of things and did it at the expense of time for personal work/projects and time reserved for the things that I love. I've learned the hard way that to-do listing and nothing more leads to robot-like thoughts and feelings, so I've been trying to choose more wisely the things I do and regardless not let the things I love or create get pushed to the back burner.

I'm in a good place at the moment because two weeks from now, I will be a free elf (please tell me you get my reference) and I will never take Spring classes again! The end is in sight. I believe!


Stay gold, pony boys. 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love that tree. And this photo and these words. I like the way you say things. Can't wait to see the photos you make this weekend during your cleanse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HP2: CHAMBER OF SECRETS

    ReplyDelete